Madras Sauce, serves 4
Following on from our blog on why tomatoes are the key ingredient for beautiful skin, we thought we’d give you a tomato based meal for our next recipe! Chicken, lamb and beef reign supreme in the world of Asian cuisine and fish is often overlooked. This is a great shame as fish is one of the healthiest and leanest protein sources you can feed your body and works so well when infused with Asian spices. Here’s how to make a delectable, simple and quick tomato cod curry:
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 1 garlic clove, (chopped)
- 1-2 tbsp Madras curry paste
- 400g of canned tomato
- 200ml of vegetable stock
- sustainable white fish fillets cut into chunks
- rice or naan bread
1) Heat the vegetable oil in a pan and start to gently fry the onions for 3 minutes.
2) Add the chopped garlic cloves and cook the vegetables for an additional 2 minutes.
3) When the onions and garlic have softened bring the heat to a simmer.
4) Add the Madras Curry paste and stir for 2 minutes and pour in the canned tomatoes and vegetable stock.
5) Then, add the fish fillets and cook for 4-6 minutes until the cod flakes easily.
6) Serve immediately with naan or rice.